One of the most asked questions from a tennis player is how much does a tennis racket cost? I can relate to that, as can probably all tennis players, because it is the biggest investment and the most important piece of equipment in tennis.
It is difficult to say a price for a person asking this question because there are so many differences between brands, target groups, and qualities to give a straight answer without doing research.
Lucky for you, I have done in-depth research about the subject, and below, you can find actual numbers and prices about different brands and player types and their average prices so you can know exactly what to expect. Before getting started, take a look a the conclusion of the whole research!
The price range of most tennis rackets is between 19$ and 279$, and the average price of a tennis racket is 125$. There are big differences between brands, player types, and rackets. Beginner rackets have an average price of 87$, which is considerably less than the average price of an advanced racket of $212.
|Brand||Player type||Tennis Racket||Cost|
|Wilson||Junior (Age 5-6)||Us Open 21 Kids Tennis Racket||$29.00|
|Wilson||Junior (Age 7-8)||US Open 23 Kids Tennis Racket||$29.00|
|Wilson||Junior (Age 9-10)||Us Open 25 Kids Tennis Racket||$29.00|
|Wilson||Junior (Age 9-10)||Clash 25 Kids Tennis Racket||$119.00|
|Wilson||Junior (Age 11+)||Clash 26 Tennis Racket Tennis Racket||$119.00|
|Babolat||Junior (Age 3-5)||Babolat Nadal Junior 19″ Tennis Racket||$29.95|
|Babolat||Junior (Age 6-8)||Babolat Drive Junior 23″ Tennis Racket||$69.00|
|Babolat||Junior (Age 9-10)||Babolat Pure Aero Junior 25″ Tennis Racket||$99.00|
|Babolat||Junior (Age 11+)||Babolat Pure Drive Junior 26″ Tennis Racket||$109.00|
|Babolat||Junior (Age 11+)||Babolat Pure Aero Rafa Junior 26″ Tennis Racket||$114.00|
|Head||Junior (Age 4-6)||Head Speed 21 Junior Tennis Racket||$25.00|
|Head||Junior (Age 6-8)||Head Instinct 23 Junior Tennis Racket||$19.95|
|Head||Junior (Age 8-10)||Head IG Speed 25 Junior Tennis Racket||$59.99|
|Head||Junior (Age 8-10)||Head Graphene 360+ 25 Junior Tennis Racket||$99.00|
|Head||Junior (Age 11+)||Head Gravity Junior 26 2021 Tennis Racket||$109.00|
- Average Junior Tennis Racket Cost: $69
- Junior Tennis Racket Price Range: $19.95 – $119.00
|Brand||Player Type||Tennis Racket||Cost|
|Wilson||Beginner & Recreational||Pro Staff Precision XL 110 Tennis Racket||$39.00|
|Wilson||Beginner & Recreational||US Open Tennis Racket||$59.00|
|Wilson||Beginner & Recreational||Minions 103 Tennis Racket||$99.00|
|Wilson||Beginner & Recreational||Hyper Hammer 5.3 Tennis Racket||$129.00|
|Wilson||Beginner & Recreational||XP 1 Tennis Racket||$149.00|
|Babolat||Beginner & Recreational||Evoke 102||$59.00|
|Babolat||Beginner & Recreational||Boost Drive||$99.00|
|Babolat||Beginner & Recreational||Aero 112||$139.00|
|Babolat||Beginner & Recreational||Aero G||$139.00|
|Babolat||Beginner & Recreational||Evo Drive 115||$169.00|
|Head||Beginner & Recreational||TI.Conquest||$30.00|
|Head||Beginner & Recreational||Tour Pro||$40.00|
|Head||Beginner & Recreational||Ti.Reward||$45.00|
|Head||Beginner & Recreational||Ti.Radical Elite||$50.00|
|Head||Beginner & Recreational||Geo Speed||$60.00|
- Average Beginner Tennis Racket Cost: $87.00
- Beginner Tennis Racket Price Range: $30.00 – $169.00
|Brand||Player Type||Tennis Racket||Cost|
|Wilson||Advanced & Passionate||Burn 100LS Tennis Racket||$129.00|
|Wilson||Advanced & Passionate||Ultra 100 v3 Reverse Tennis Racket||$199.00|
|Wilson||Advanced & Passionate||Blade 104 V7 Tennis Racket||$219.00|
|Wilson||Advanced & Passionate||Clash 100 Us Open Edition Tennis Racket||$249.00|
|Wilson||Advanced & Passionate||Pro Staff 97 v13 Tennis Racket||$279.00|
|Babolat||Advanced & Passionate||Pure Aero Lite Unstrung Tennis Racket||$199.99|
|Babolat||Advanced & Passionate||Pure Strike Team Unstrung Tennis Racket||$209.00|
|Babolat||Advanced & Passionate||Pure Drive Tour Unstrung Tennis Racket||$229.00|
|Babolat||Advanced & Passionate||Pure Drive Vs Unstrung Tennis Racket||$249.00|
|Babolat||Advanced & Passionate||Pure Aero Vs Unstrung Tennis Racket||$259.00|
|Head||Advanced & Passionate||Instinct LITE Tennis Racket||$129.00|
|Head||Advanced & Passionate||Speed S Tennis Racket||$169.00|
|Head||Advanced & Passionate||Prestige TOUR Tennis Racket||$199.00|
|Head||Advanced & Passionate||Extreme TOUR Tennis Racket||$229.00|
|Head||Advanced & Passionate||Radical PRO Tennis Racket||$249.00|
- Average Advanced Tennis Racket Cost: $212.00
- Advanced Tennis Racket Price Range: $129.00 – $279.00
Wrapping this all up, the average price of a tennis racket is $125, which is less than the median of the price range ($19-$279) found in this study. What are your thoughts, is $125 too much from a racket, or would you be glad to pay that from a quality one?
Personally, that is a reasonable average price for me. However, that is too much from a junior racket, and it’s close to the max that I would pay from a beginner racket. From an advanced racket, that would be a steal!
Last but not least, I have gathered the average racket price from Wilson, Babolat, and Head brands. All junior, beginner, and advanced rackets have been considered, so let’s take a look at the numbers!
|Brand||Average Tennis Racket Price|
The average tennis racket price difference between Babolat and Head is $47, so the brand is clearly worth considering. Also, a funny thing about Wilson’s average racket price is that it is the same as the overall average racket price.
My Favorite Tennis Equipment
Thanks for reading this article. I hope it brought you great value that you can implement into your own life! Below you’ll find my top tennis equipment recommendations would like.
- Racket: My preferred tennis racket is the Wilson Ultra 100 V3. This racket is made from graphite and carbon fiber, making it durable, firm, and easy to swing. The racket weighs 300g, making it lightweight yet not too lightweight to generate power. The racket’s main benefit is power. I like to add multifilament strings to the racket, such as Wilson NXT Soft 16 (recommended tension 52lb/23.5kg), because they are comfortable and soft on the arm with a great feel to the game.
- Tennis balls: Best tennis balls are always pressurized, and I like them having extra-duty felt, which is fit for hard court play. I like Penn Championship Tennis Balls, and so does the ITF because these balls are approved for competitive play. So yes, these are the real deal.
- Tennis shoes: I can’t stress enough the importance of comfortable and supporting shoes. ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 tennis shoes are unique because the balance between durability and support mixed with comfort is something out of the ordinary.
- Fan Equipment: If you’re a fan more than a player, you don’t want to miss Fan Equipment by Fanatics. You can find items from various sports that bear your favorite team’s logo, such as jerseys, gift ideas, or other surprising things.